My Shortlist 0

Ask Thurrock

Young people and families directory

  • Appeals and annual reviews

    If concerns or disagreements come up about your child's special educational needs, both the school and our named officer will work to with you and your independent parental supporter to solve them. A local mediation service is available. Occasionally parents do not agree with us.…

    Add to My Shortlist

  • Babysitting Advice & Information

    Children rely on their parents for their safety. Your child has the right to care which is free from harm. Make sure your child gets the best quality care. Select your babysitter carefully. Avoid leaving your child with someone under sixteen. Ensure your babysitter can…

    Add to My Shortlist

  • Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust - Guide to our services

    Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust primarily provides services for 405,000 people living in south-west Essex covering Basildon and Thurrock, together with parts of Brentwood and Castle Point. We provide an extensive range of acute healthcare services at Basildon and Orsett Hospitals, plus…

    Add to My Shortlist

  • Becoming a Childminder

    Thinking of Becoming a Childminder? First Steps: Before applying to become a childminder there is a great deal to consider and questions to ask. If you would like to become a childminder in Thurrock, your first step is to attend a Childminder Briefing Session. The…

    Add to My Shortlist

  • Becoming a Foster Carer

    Foster Carers look after children in their own home in the long-term, short-term or perhaps to give relief or respite care to a family. To find out more check on our fostering pages or phone 0800 652 1256

    Add to My Shortlist

  • Becoming a Home Childcarer / Nanny

    A home child carer, or nanny, looks after a child in the family's own home. For some families, for example those with a child with a physical or learning disabilities, children with autistic spectrum disorders or sensory problems, having childcare provided in the family home…

    Add to My Shortlist

  • Becoming a Nursery Nurse/Pre-school/Playgroup Assistant

    Usually work with babies and children up to the age of five. Nurseries are usually open all year round, pre-schools/playgroups or maintained (school) nurseries are open term time only. There are all kinds of nurseries/playgroups - some run privately, others by the local authority, voluntary…

    Add to My Shortlist

  • Becoming a Youth Worker

    Youth workers, work typically with young people aged between 11 and 25. Their work seeks to promote young people’s personal and social development and enable them to have a voice, influence and place in their communities and society as a whole.Different varieties of youth work…

    Add to My Shortlist

  • Childcare Service Compensation

    As you will be aware some parents have been unable to access Tax Free Childcare through their childcare accounts for technical reasons.  These parents may be able to claim compensation, and get the government top-up as a one-off payment. There is also the possibility of…

    Add to My Shortlist

  • Consultation on future SEND provisions and resources - Key Findings, Proposed Developments & Progress

    In December 2017, Thurrock Council began a community-wide consultation with the broad aim of determining localised priorities for investment in buildings, resources and equipment which would ultimately enhance provision and support for children and young people aged 0 – 25 years who (a) had SEND…

    Add to My Shortlist

Powered by Open Objects