A childminder is someone who cares for your child in their own home for children aged 0 to 15 years.
- They may provide full day care, part time care, overnight care or out-of-school care.
- some are registered for overnight care
- may offer weekend, early morning and late evening care.
- may have an assistant working with them, caring only for the maximum number of children the childminder is registered for. Assistants can be left for up to 2 hours maximum to mind the children with parental permission.
- required to be registered and inspected by Ofsted
- If registered on the Ofsted Early Years Register the children can play, learn and develop in line with The Early Years Foundation Stage Framework
- may provide FREE early education entitlement places for 2,3 and 4 year olds.
- You may be able to get help paying for childcare from the government to pay for this type of childcare
A video shows why childminders are vitally important providers for 2 year-olds.