Skip to main content

Schools & Learning

If you feel your child is not progressing well enough in school and needs a lot of help or a specialist assessment then you can ask us to undertake an education, health and care needs assessment. The school can also make this request.

The first step is to speak with your child’s school who can tell you about the education, health and care needs assessment process and talk with you about your child’s individual needs. If you would like to talk to us for advice then please contact our Special Education Needs team on : 01375 652 555

To find out how and when you need to make an application for a school visit the School Admission pages on the council website:

School admissions services include:

  • Primary school admissions
  • Secondary school admissions
  • In-year admissions
  • Admissions appeals
  • Catchment areas
  • Coordinating admissions between areas
  • Pupil place planning

Browse the Local Offer

Featured events list continues of featured events

Skip back to top of page Feedback